New-er Kontalk icon

Lol, @daniele_athome, while you updated the header, you forgot the favicon :wink:

Besides, am I the only one who thinks that the discussion is a sort of irrational, because (in my opinion) the icon is actually the less important part of an applicationsā€™ functionality, no offense, @Iconprojet, you did a great work, but itā€™s one of the most discussed themes?

Iā€™d say itā€™s one of the most important parts of a software. After all itā€™s the first impression users get from an app and if the logo is not appealing they might not even consider to look into the app.

@Iconprojet Like @OffifialMITX said, your logo is great! And itā€™s great that we even voted for the final version! :v:

1 Like

The favicon works fine for me in the forum, the homepage still needs an update though. :slight_smile:

I do not see how this is irrational. To the contrary it demonstrates that people are actually interested in design/aesthetics and care to see Kontalk having a beautiful icon that properly expresses itā€™s function. I find it exciting that users can influence development of an application they use like this and get the change on their phone soon after!

Have in mind that non-technical issues tend to be more popular and this happens all over the net, not just here. Images and artwork draw our attention and it is easier for the majority of users to have an opinion on an icon than the OMEMO implementation or the server authentication protocol.

If you have other subjects that you want to talk about, you are more than welcome to start new threads and get the discussion going among the community, this is after all why this forum was started! :wink:

2 Likes

Iā€™m on the latest Firefox 50.1.0 and even after clearing cache, I still see the old logo as the favicon.

Firefox can be very persistent when it comes to the favicon. Try to forget about this site entirely. Or try with another browser or another Firefox profile.

P.S. I forgot the Apple favicon (144x144 version), so that could probably be the cause. Try again now.

1 Like

Works now! :smiley: Thank you!