New-er Kontalk icon

I have seen this, but still it looks so.

1 Like

Now I See the new Icon originally on my phone.

And I think I like it :+1:

Thanx @Iconprojet

3 Likes

I also like the new icon, but I also would definitly make no reference to another messenger (which it is in my point of view because of the 3 white dots), nor would I make it shiny but stick to a flat design (material design)!

I totally agree with @webratte, @OffifialMITX, @SylvieLorxu and @FranBran .

The old icon with flat design looks more professional. And the reference to Conversations (getting eaten) is a no-go and very unfair. In fact, I spend some time on compatibility with Conversations.

Sorry @Iconprojet, I appreciate your work on the new icon but it simply has it flaws.

@abika It’s not a reference to Conversation app! Conversation did not invent the balloon symbol…
If you see a reference is purely coincidental…

Apart from the fact that he and your opinion then my icon and simply a evolution of the previous! I do not see us no eaten, and K with a conversation bubble that comes out of it! that’s all.

Why not just invert the speech bubble at the y axis and make it a little smaller? Maybe also use the original color of that part and remove the 3 dots / replace them with domething better? Maybe even just 2 or 4. I think the people will understand what it is supposed to be.

*without anything in it.

Sorry, I didn’t want to say the reference was intentional. But three people in this thread found the similarity and I believe many others will, too. This is quite unfortunate.

1 Like

It is interesting how this is viewed as K eating the bubble, instead of a bubble icon coming out of the envelop, which I think is an innovative approach and reference to Kontak’s K and function.

@Iconprojet would you consider removing the dots? Or perhaps replace them with a lock icon of some sorts? Or switching to another punctuation point? Perhaps that might make the icon less controversial. Please do not take the comments here as offensive, I am sure everyone is trying to offer their feedback to reach together the best possible outcome for the benefit of Kontalk!

Could you also provide new cover/header pictures I can use in social networks to accompany the new icon?

Fwiw, my gf finds the new icon a major improvement over the previous one :blush:

4 Likes

Thanks very instructive comments that the lock can be a good idea, remember guys that over the inherent aspect to what an app should do, personally I look above all the aesthetic part of the result which is subjective :wink:

1 Like

What do you think?

1 Like

It actually looks really good! I would go for the 1st one, because I predict people will now think the 2nd one references the signal icon :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::
https://lh5.ggpht.com/jKZCC5NR0uU01scYefDjUICueE59pEpamDz3J3LDAg3X-6DupmpsDysbFUc8WUFDgfk=w300

1 Like

In fact, among other things as design and very used, personally 1st is much more modern :wink:

It is interesting how this is viewed as K eating the bubble, instead of a bubble icon coming out of the envelop, which I think is an innovative approach and reference to Kontak’s K and function.

Maybe it’s related to the similar to Pacman.
My first thougth was it’s just ironic because this discusiuon. And @Iconprojet just kidding with a Pacman eating WhatsApp. Then I realised the WhatsApp Logo has a phone inside. And so (still thinking is a joke) I browse the playstore and see the similar to Conversations.
Thats my Story…

What about a padlock? :lock: or a key? :key: after all it’s all about keys isn’t it? :smirk:

Also Kontalk is not closed like the Signal network, but open by design.

1 Like

Signal is blue. All will be good :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Key direction towards conversation!

3 Likes

I like this icon very much! Thank you @Iconprojet! But I think the Key hole inside the key is a bit too much, honestly.

te

Another design Of bets gentlemen, place your bets :slight_smile:

3 Likes