Am always excited to see people with this spirit. @Stanzi fwiw, I don’t know how to write a single line of code, yet I have been contributing to open source projects for 5 years now from a variety of positions.
Translation, documentation and sharing the word are always important and do not underestimate how helpful it can be contributing to these.
Some additional ways I can think of:
- Support other users on the forum.
- Populate the wiki with relevant information, tutorials, configuration explanations etc. You can even update the ‘contribute’ section to include all these information!
- Test bugs and provide feedback.
- Create short videos and/or gifs which preview features, explain configuration, or simple things how to export a key when you get a new phone.
- Suggest ideas or mock-ups to improve Kontalk in terms of usability and design.
- Make suggestions on how to grow the community and reach out to more people.
- Create a package for Desktop client for the Linux distribution you might use.
In the end it really comes down to what you enjoy doing, so you do not get tired of the process and stay motivated by the challenge. To me, you are already helping by caring enough to start this thread!