Should this forum be a support forum or something else?

Continuing the discussion from I just loaded all my anger into one E-Mail and sent it to WhatsApp :wink::

I think that for support questions there is the #support category. The above linked topic about Whatsapp anger fits well into #discussion (ā€œChat about topics related to Kontalk, its development and the community.ā€). bold by me

Of course this is only my point of view. Iā€™d be interested what the @admins / @moderators think.

Edit: I wonder, is the #uncategorized category being used? Maybe it rather fits there. Or a ā€œLoungeā€ is needed for off-topic posts.
This very topic I just opened would probably go into a #Meta category.

1 Like

I see your point. I think this should be both a discussion AND a support forum.
The ā€œUncategorizedā€ category is somewhat elusive - it isnā€™t listed as a category, uncategorized posts must be searched for, if you know what I mean, so Iā€™ll leave that only for offtopic discussions (such as @Stanziā€™s post).

For these kind of posts instead, about the forum itself, another category would probably fits the purpose. But I donā€™t know if itā€™s too soon for thatā€¦ @tetris4 what do you think?

I think there are a lot of other topics besides support. General direction of Kontalk development, server infrastructure and so on. But it should stay within this scope.

1 Like

Well that topic fits fine into Discussion fine. It is general discussion regarding the concerns of Kontalk users.

The uncategorized category cannot be removed, I just set it up to be hidden by default.

I started a category about the forum, to get feedback, suggestions and questions specific to that. I included this post.

This forum is just 2 days old, so all suggestions on how to make the most of it to serve the communityā€™s needs are welcome!

2 Likes

It seems like Kontalk is not much popular. And in my opinion user support need to be in as much languages as available. Personally me can give Russian support. I have already done translation of both mobile and desktop clients.
I think that really useful thing that programmers can do is web client.

Donā€™t wanna create new topic for this. Please change my username from Buranek to Fohroer.

Nevertheless, just because the project is still small and doesnā€™t have many resources, itā€™ll be hard to coordinate so many people handling one language each. Still your help is very welcome when someone russian who canā€™t speak english comes in the forum, however Iā€™d like to keep using one language when talking here, for many reasons: centralized information, more people talking to more people, and so onā€¦

Done.