Running Kontalk Server on Ubuntu - Warning connection is not validated

Dear daniele_athome,

First of all i would like to thank you for the amazing work you guys you are doing, but i have tried to install Kontalk Server on Ubuntu but i am getting this issue of WARNING connection is not validated as per the below info;

root@beta:~# cd tigase-server
root@beta:~/tigase-server# rm -f jars/.jar
root@beta:~/tigase-server# cp …/tigase-kontalk/jars/
.jar jars/
root@beta:~/tigase-server# java -cp “jars/*” tigase.util.DBSchemaLoader -dbHostn ame db -dbType mysql -schemaVersion 7-1 \

-dbName poaapp -dbUser root -dbPass tanzania255 \
-logLevel ALL -useSSL false

LogLevel: ALL
tigase.util.DBSchemaLoader CONFIG Properties: [{dbHostname=db, logLevel=ALL, dbType=mysql, rootUser=root, dbPass=tanzania255, dbName=poaapp, schemaVersion=7-1, rootPass=root, dbUser=root}]
tigase.util.DBSchemaLoader validateDBConnection INFO Validating D BConnection, URI: jdbc:mysql://db/?user=root&password=root
tigase.util.DBSchemaLoader validateDBConnection WARNING Communicatio ns link failure

The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driv er has not received any packets from the server.
tigase.util.DBSchemaLoader validateDBExists WARNING Connection n ot validated
tigase.util.DBSchemaLoader validateDBSchema WARNING Connection n ot validated
tigase.util.DBSchemaLoader addXmppAdminAccount WARNING Connection n ot validated
tigase.util.DBSchemaLoader postInstallation WARNING Connection n ot validated
tigase.util.DBSchemaLoader printInfo WARNING Connection n ot validated
root@beta:~/tigase-server# java -cp “jars/*” tigase.util.DBSchemaLoader -dbHostn ame db -dbType mysql -schemaVersion 7-1 \

-dbName poaapp -dbUser root -dbPass tanzania255 \
-logLevel ALL -useSSL false \
database/mysql-pubsub-schema-3.0.0.sql

LogLevel: ALL
tigase.util.DBSchemaLoader CONFIG Properties: [{dbHostname=db, logLevel=ALL, dbType=mysql, rootUser=root, dbPass=tanzania255, dbName=poaapp, schemaVersion=7-1, rootPass=root, dbUser=root}]
tigase.util.DBSchemaLoader validateDBConnection INFO Validating D BConnection, URI: jdbc:mysql://db/?user=root&password=root
tigase.util.DBSchemaLoader validateDBConnection WARNING Communicatio ns link failure

The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driv er has not received any packets from the server.
tigase.util.DBSchemaLoader validateDBExists WARNING Connection n ot validated
tigase.util.DBSchemaLoader validateDBSchema WARNING Connection n ot validated
tigase.util.DBSchemaLoader addXmppAdminAccount WARNING Connection n ot validated
tigase.util.DBSchemaLoader postInstallation WARNING Connection n ot validated
tigase.util.DBSchemaLoader printInfo WARNING Connection n ot validated

Could you please help me know where i am doing wrong as per the above info.

regards,

Kulwa Simon

Building own Kontalk Server
Setting up Kontalk server - issues with getting it started

Guys please open new topics for new discussions, thank you.

@poaapp are your sure your database URL is right? Are you trying to use the Docker setup? Please note that it’s not ready yet.

Dear @daniele_athome,

I am trying to save and concatenate my privatekeys and certificate but i am getting the below error, kindly help.

root@beta:~# cat 0001_csr-certbot.pem 0001_key-certbot.pem >tigase-kontalk/certs/beta.poaapp.co.tz.pem
-bash: tigase-kontalk/certs/beta.poaapp.co.tz.pem: No such file or directory

Hi,

Please try to keep your messages under one thread if we are talking about the same setup.

Also, it would help if you answered the previous question by @daniele_athome. :wink:

Yes I’m getting a little confused here :smiley:

@poaapp the “certs” directory doesn’t exist, you need to create it.

Dear @tetris4,

i am not using docker, sorry for not replying.

Dear @daniele_athome,

thanks, i managed to solve it

Dear all,

what does below mean, as i am having connection issue. Please let me know what can be the cause.

2017-05-16 15:29:49.911 [hostnames] UserRepositoryMDImpl.getData() WARNING: Couldn’t obtain user repository for domain: vhost-manager, not even default one!

Dear @daniele_athome, i need your help on the above post

There is some problem with your database connection. I see you’re using -dbHostname db, is that your database server hostname really? Seems to me you’re using the configuration files from the Docker instance…

Dear @daniele_athome,

No -dbHostname is localhost not db and bind IP address is 127.0.0.1, however the VM hostname is beta.poaapp.co.tz but i have tried to use beta.poaapp.co.tz as dbhostname as well but the problem still is the same.

regards

I’m sorry but I don’t know about your current server configuration (I mean external services, database instance correctly installed and running, etc.), it would require hands-on assistance. I don’t know how more I can help you besides telling you to check if your database is installed correctly and properly running, the database was created without errors and the db-url parameter is correct (pointing to localhost as you said).

Seriously guys I don’t want to be blunt but installing and managing a server requires some Linux administration skills. Not only we can’t provide open support to non-professionals because it would be too complicated and hard, but I think it would be dangerous for the server owners too.

We constantly try to improve the server configuration tools and try to automate as much as we can, but ultimately a person needs to fix problems as they come because every server configuration is different than the other - that’s why we are trying also to focus our efforts on the Docker instance, which will be ready soon and will provide a more stable (and “black-box” approach) environment.

Dear @daniele_athome,

Thank you so much for your quick response.

I decided to create database again but i have noticed this error, ‘tigase.util.DBSchemaLoader addXmppAdminAccount WARNING Error: No admin users entered’ during database creation.

That’s because the server is misconfigured or, more probably, the database is empty or even without tables.

We’ll continue this discussione via e-mail to provide you with paid support. I’ll reply to you soon. Believe me it’s the best way for both of us :slight_smile:

ok thank no problem, waiting for your e-mail

Dear @daniele_athome,

The above error/warning i have managed to solve but now i am getting below warning hence there is no client to server connection, kindly see the below warning and help.

2017-05-22 10:03:09.845 [main]             ConfiguratorAbstract.itemUpdated()  INFO:    Updating configuration item: basic-conf/auth-repo-params/sasl-mechs=EXTERNAL
2017-05-22 10:03:09.845 [main]             ConfiguratorAbstract.setProperties()  INFO:  Propeties size is 1, and here are all propeties: {auth-repo-params/sasl-mechs=E$
Loading class `com.mysql.jdbc.Driver'. This is deprecated. The new driver class is `com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver'. The driver is automatically registered via the SPI and m$
2017-05-22 10:03:10.834 [main]             VHostManager.setProperties()       WARNING:  {beta.poaapp.co.tz=Domain: beta.poaapp.co.tz, enabled: true, anonym: false, reg$
2017-05-22 10:03:10.903 [main]             ConnectionManager.setProperties()  WARNING:  c2s last_minute_packets_limit = 2500
2017-05-22 10:03:10.904 [main]             ConnectionManager.setProperties()  WARNING:  c2s total_packets_limit = 0
2017-05-22 10:03:10.904 [main]             ConnectionManager.setProperties()  WARNING:  c2s last_minute_bin_limit = 20971520
2017-05-22 10:03:10.904 [main]             ConnectionManager.setProperties()  WARNING:  c2s total_bin_limit = 0
Loading component: c2s :: componentInfo{Title=Tigase XMPP Server, Version=7.1.0-b59/48c47302 (2017-05-04/16:30:20), Class=tigase.server.xmppclient.ClientConnectionMana$
Loading component: eventbus :: componentInfo{Title=Tigase XMPP Server, Version=7.1.0-b59/48c47302 (2017-05-04/16:30:20), Class=tigase.disteventbus.component.EventBusCo$
2017-05-22 10:03:10.949 [main]             ConnectionManager.setProperties()  WARNING:  ext last_minute_packets_limit = 26214400
2017-05-22 10:03:10.949 [main]             ConnectionManager.setProperties()  WARNING:  ext total_packets_limit = 0
2017-05-22 10:03:10.949 [main]             ConnectionManager.setProperties()  WARNING:  ext last_minute_bin_limit = 20971520000
2017-05-22 10:03:10.949 [main]             ConnectionManager.setProperties()  WARNING:  ext total_bin_limit = 0
Loading component: ext :: componentInfo{Title=Tigase XMPP Server, Version=7.1.0-b59/48c47302 (2017-05-04/16:30:20), Class=tigase.server.ext.ComponentProtocol}
2017-05-22 10:03:11.009 [main]             ConfigRepository.setProperties()   WARNING:  Items list is not set in the configuration file!!
2017-05-22 10:03:11.016 [main]             MonitorComponent.setProperties()   WARNING:  Monitoring Tasks: {} with items: {}
Loading component: monitor :: componentInfo{Title=Tigase XMPP Server, Version=7.1.0-b59/48c47302 (2017-05-04/16:30:20), Class=tigase.monitor.MonitorComponent}
Loading component: multicast :: componentInfo{Class=org.kontalk.xmppserver.ExtendedAddressing}
Loading component: network :: componentInfo{Class=org.kontalk.xmppserver.NetworkComponent}
Loading component: probe :: componentInfo{Class=org.kontalk.xmppserver.probe.ProbeComponent}
2017-05-22 10:03:11.166 [main]             ConnectionManager.setProperties()  WARNING:  s2s last_minute_packets_limit = 15360
2017-05-22 10:03:11.166 [main]             ConnectionManager.setProperties()  WARNING:  s2s total_packets_limit = 0
2017-05-22 10:03:11.167 [main]             ConnectionManager.setProperties()  WARNING:  s2s last_minute_bin_limit = 125829120
2017-05-22 10:03:11.167 [main]             ConnectionManager.setProperties()  WARNING:  s2s total_bin_limit = 0

I don’t see any error in that piece of log. Maybe you could upload the whole log to some service, e.g. pastebin.com and paste the link here.

See the below link for the complete log file

https://pastebin.com/HYjgPdys

Can those warnings prevent client 2 server communication? if so how can i solve them, any suggestion will help because i have gone through tigase docs without any success.

regards