Kontalk with markdown support

Actual issue is https://github.com/kontalk/androidclient/issues/801

Hi, I just created this new issue https://github.com/kontalk/androidclient/issues/978
What do you think?[poll type=multiple min=1 max=3]

• Yes, I would like Kontalk with markdown
  • No, I woudn’t like Kontalk with markdown
  • I don’t care
    [/poll]
1 Like

If it should ever be implemented then definitely with an option to turn it off.

2 Likes

I would definitely enjoy this feature. As you can see it has already been requested:

1 Like

People,
I can promise you if “yes” gets 20 votes I’ll move the issue from the “Future” milestone (which means “whenever I’ll have the time, maybe in the next century” :smiley:) to one of the 4.0.x milestones :slight_smile:

Would yu offer the same for OMEMO implementation to make Kontalk real compatible to Conversations?

In this case I would start a poll :wink:

OK, I thougt I can post a bounty for this.
And then I see there is already a open bounty with currently $ 10.

https://www.bountysource.com/issues/18980767-pfs-otr-omemo-encryption

I also would like to pay $ 15 to start a speed up real compatibility with e.G Conversations.

But now I have a problem. They accept only Bitcoin or paypal. And I have no bitcoin or a paypal account.
Do you know a solution?

Thank you

BTW. We should spread this open bounty. Hopfully will get some more donation and maybe a developer who solve this :wink:

1 Like

Not that I know of. Maybe using another bounty service? What payment method would you use anyway?

There are definitely no other methodes.

I don’t know what you mean with “Maybe using another bounty service?”

But bank transfer or creditcard would be possible.
Or what else would be possible.

I could donate via creditcard on www.kontalk.net and you put it to bountisource.
OK, this would be complicated. But maybe it’s a idea if there no other way?

Getting a bit off topic here, but this would be a great way to get the community involved. Pick 3-4 feature requests and add them on a poll for the next milestone. I have been thinking for a while now that it would be nice to announce the key goals for upcoming releases, I actually just pinged you on IRC earlier today about this!

People could also donate to get additional votes, like every 5€ one gets 2 additional votes or something. :smiley:

Sorry, I actually got your message on IRC but couldn’t reply extensively at the time so I decided to take the time to reply now.

Some mandatory stuff that should be done in the immediate future:

• Implement OMEMO or whatever advanced encryption we can
  • Timed messages (which is something very cool that no other app has)
  • Backup conversations and groups
  • Contact info screen (mainly because of security needs, e.g. fingerprint and all)
  • Some UI improvements such as #858, #75, #820, #864

I really like the idea of giving votes in exchange for a donation by the way!

And this is getting really off topic now :smiley: I’ll start a new thread right after releasing 4.0.1 which should happen anytime between tonight and tomorrow morning.

2 Likes

awesome, those improvements would be great. Also the Orbot support for Tor and the option to have an avatar should be on the TODO list.