Introduce yourself or just say hi

Welcome in the Kontalk community.
Great to see a new member :slight_smile:

They have not to leave there walled gardens. They only have to open the gardendoor by installing Kontalk as a additionally messenger. That’s what I did with my friends.
I only use Kontalk. My friends uses WhatsApp AND Kontalk to communicate also to me :slight_smile:

Compatible XMPP Clients

Same for me! :wink:

@paulkreuzer we don’t have to do group chats, I just wanted to get you into the beta tester boat for the group chat feature (we are only talking non-important stuff anyway for testing purposes). Would be great to have a one-on-one chat, too! :slight_smile:

PS: Welcome to our little Fairphoners colony! :wink:

Hello, I’m Jay and I’m from Canada. I found out about Kontalk through and privacy means a great deal to me so that is why I am so interested in the project. It’s a far better alternative to Signal.

Hi Jay,
thank you for the pointer to
On there german page I could not find Kontalk.

But I just offered a Pullrequest :wink:

Oh really, no problem. I’m glad I could help then. :slight_smile:

From Tilburg, (The Netherlands) I am Lidwien. My mobile is a Fairphone 2 on Fairphone Open 17.06.4
I try to stay away from G—e and use F-Droid and of course Kontalk.

Welcome @Lidwien. I hope you have a great time in our forum and all the support you need.

Hi everybody, I am Gabriele from Italy.
I heard about Kontalk time ago and I got in touch with @daniele_athome.

I am an IT professional and what catched my attention is the fact that at the core of Kontalk there is Tigase.

Kudos to the team for the brilliant work with Kontalk, so far!

Hello. I’m from Romania. I’am not a programmer.

I’m Ron, the 2nd Canadian to post to this thread.

I have a passion for computer and online privacy and security that predates the public internet. I have never convinced anyone other than my son to use secure communications, but that doesn’t stop me from trying.

Always a pleasure to learn more about newcomers. :slight_smile: Welcome aboard everyone, looking forward to catching you around our forum.

You might be interested in giving your opinion in this poll: