This very nice sunday features a new Kontalk beta version with location sharing from the great work of @a.cappelli87 and a few final touches by myself.
Please note that the basic version only supports OpenStreetMaps and doesn’t support POIs detection nearby.
Here is the release tag:
Changelog copied below for the lazy ones:
- Location sharing (#1004, #1027, #1062)
- Update to Smack 4.2.1 (#957)
- Autotrust (as in verification ignored) first key after an invitation (#866)
- Reuse connection object (#327, #956)
- Remember scrolling position (#853, #938)
- Fix memory leak (#1022, #1046)
- Proximity wake lock workaround for some devices (#1043)
- Downgrade Glide to version 3 for compatibility with Android 2 (#1047)
- Fix crash in direct share (#1050)
- Cleanup leftovers of abandoned groups (#1051)
- Use Bouncy Castle SHA-1 implementation (#1052)
- Fix crash on Android prior to Nougat (#1060, #1064)
Since this version features some major changes (besides location, several backend changes were also made, such as the upgrade to Smack 4.2 which is a big deal), we decided to make it a public beta.
Please report bugs here or (even better) on GitHub providing as much information as possible about your problem and context (device info, network status, etc.).
As always, F-Droid version will come up in 1 to 3 days and it won’t be automatically notified: you must go to the Kontalk page and install the new version manually (because it’s a beta).