Kontalk 4.0.0 - final group chat release

After a very long time…

Compared to beta6.1, there are just a few bug fixes. For those coming from 3.1.10, here is a quick list of changes:

• group chats
  • toggle encryption per chat
  • internal logging system
  • sticky conversations
  • new app icon by Giovanni Lauricella
  • organize preferences by category
  • more reliable registration procedure

Group chats work fine, but as a community project we always need your feedback for both bugs and improvements. Don’t hesitate to open bugs at GitHub or discuss anything about it here on the forum.

I’d like to thank everyone involved in making this release possible, starting with our translators that had a prompt Google Play Store listing translation in time for the release. Also thank you to @tetris4 for his patience and time he dedicated to this project. He’s hugely helping Kontalk become even a greater project.

The alpha and beta phases of this release were very long and hard so I want to especially thank the people involved in testing and reporting bugs. Thank you guys and girls, this release wouldn’t have been possible without you.

P.S. F-Droid people: as always you’ll have to wait 24-48 hours. Please be patient :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Also thank you to you :slight_smile:

I have just updated the german Wikipedia article:

and

(Waiting for review)

But I have no Wikipedia account and can’t upload pictures.
Is there someone who have a Wikipedia account and can update the Kontalk icon on both sites?

Thank you and let’s make Kontalk great again. Yes we can :smiley:

2 Likes

I’d do it if I could set Wikipedia UI language to English. I can’t find a way to do it. Is that even possible?

I’m not sure but I belive it’s not possible to change the UI language.
If nobody of the german users in this forum have a account I will next week create one for me.
No problem.

Hi @daniele_athome I think it’s better you take a look on it.
I need to know what Licence are used and stuff like that.

You can change the UI to english if you logged in left beside your username on the top of the page.

1 Like

I forgot:

Use “Anmelden" in the top right corner of the Page.

“Anmelden” is the same like “Log in”

Thank you Mike, I’ve uploaded a new version of the icon.

Great, thank you!

And now you have just to upload kontalk.org and Kontalk.net with the new logo to be up to date. :wink:

1 Like

Oh my, I was almost forgetting about those!! Thanks will do now.