Is it ... dead? 😢

Are there any plans for the future of Kontalk? Do you need assistance or is there any other reason why Kontalk isn’t being enhanced anymore?

grafik

1 Like

Hello @FranBran, and thanks for your interest.
Let me say the project is definitely not dead. Infrastructure is still online, I and many other users use it every day.
But I can say I am in low maintenance mode because I’m currently pursuing other things in life. That, plus I’m the last person to be left working on Kontalk, means the code is not actively maintained at the moment. I’m not saying I abandoned development, but I can’t promise how much I will be working on it exactly. I occasionally commit something from time to time though.

Donations will guarantee Kontalk to be running for at least another 2-3 years - I still have some Bitcoins to sell from the donations wallet by the way.

2 Likes

Hola.
Hemos utilizado mucho la aplicación kontalk algunos amigos por acá en suramerica. Y a pesar de las limitaciones, hicimos el intento de hacer una pequeña donación, pero no nos fue posible hacer la transferencia con tarjeta de crédito. ¿Será qué nos pueden guiar para hacer esto?
Deseamos qué el proyecto pueda continuar.
Hello.
We have been using the kontalk application a lot by some friends here in South America, and despite the limitations, we tried to make a small donation, but it was not possible to make the transfer by credit card. And despite the limitations, we tried to make a small donation, but it was not possible to make the transfer by credit card. Can you guide us to do this?
We hope that the project can continue